Saturday, June 1, 2013

Jobs & Roles


Jobs/Roles in the ECE Community: National/Federal

     Searching for jobs this week has helped me to realize that the ideal job I would like will be hard to find in the area I live in. One job that interests me was STEP Aftercare Reunification Worker Supervisor for “The Children’s Village”. STEP is a Non Profit Child Welfare Agency located in Dobbs Ferry (Westchester County). This job interested me because the job description sounded exciting. I would enrich the lives of children and their families while feeling good about myself and my career.

     Qualifications:

·       Licensed Master Social Worker or Licensed Clinical Social Worker is required.

·       3 years of casework experience a must.

·       Knowledge of the child welfare system and connections system required.

·       Supervisory experience a plus.

Starting Salary $55,000

In order to fulfill the requirements of this job I would have to return back to school and work towards receiving a Master’s Degree in Social Work.

 


 

Job Announcement: Early Childhood Education/Center Director

·       This job required a Master’s degree or advanced Degree in Early Childhood Education or Special Education.

·       Must meet the California Community Care Licensing requirements for a Childcare Center Director.

·       Have five years of progressively responsible leadership in management and supervision in Early Head Start

·       Experience in programs serving  childcare and families with disabilities in an early childhood center

Although this job sounds very interesting to me I am not qualified because I have no experience in Early Head Start supervision.

 

Early Learning Coaches

Race to the Top Early Learning Challenge in Beaufort, Bertie, Chowan and Hyde Countries

     This job interested me because it is located close to the county I live in. This job would require me to work with county-level leadership and implementation teams to develop and strengthen each county’s early childhood system.

Requirements

·       Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education

·       5 years of professional work experience in a public setting preferably in an Early Childhood System at the local or state level

For this job I would not need any additional skills or experience.


 

 

      

1 comment:

  1. Rose,
    I can clearly see that your heart is with the youth of our society in your current position and prospects for the future. Will you get a degree is social work, too? There are so many possibilities out there if we are willing to move to them. I chose organizations where I felt I could become a member so I could incorporate them into my community of practice.

    ReplyDelete