Friday, June 28, 2013

Time Well Spent


Farewell

     This last eight weeks has taught me so much about myself. I must say that it was definitely time well spent and I have learned a lot about myself and what I must do in order to accomplish my goals. This class was a challenge but I am glad that I was able to buckle down and complete my task.

     Deeply felt learning’s that I have learned from this program is working together with others I can accomplish more. I had so much fun building my community of practice learning that with the support of a community you can tackle whatever the problem is. I also learned that the passion I have for the well-being of children and their families is stronger than before taking this class. And last I learned that I really had to apply myself in order to complete the task that was set before me.

     One long term goal that I have is to acquire a larger building for the Dare 2B Different Program which is presently housed at our church. For the past 14 years we have held the program in the kitchen, we are in need of a larger place. I plan to write a grant to hopefully fund the building. This will allow me to increase the membership of the program and would give us more space.

     I would like to say thank you to Dr. Teri and all my former instructors. I am so grateful for my journey and all the support I have received from my instructors at Walden University. My life has permanently change because of my education. To my classmates I will miss all the discussions and sharing. I feel like I am losing a part of my family. I know as we separate from each other we will be about our business helping to make the lives of children and their families better. If there was one thing that I could say to my classmates it would be thank you for all the times you gave me support even when you did not know you were giving it. Thanks for sharing.

I would love to stay in touch. rhdaniels54@gmail.com

 

2 comments:

  1. Rose,
    It has been wonderful getting to know you throughout this program. I greatly appreciate all of your support and I share you sentiment - "even when you didn't know you were giving it!"
    I wish you all the success in world on growing your program. You make such a difference in the lives of children and community!
    I hope to see you at graduation ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose,

    This course was quite a challenge but I feel that it has helped me to learn APA the correct way :) and also to continue to be an advocate for children, their families and my community. I wish you much success in all of your future endeavors!

    Anetria

    ReplyDelete